De Vacaturebank voor alle inkoop vacatures in Nederland
PROCUREMENTVACATURES.NL - Voor alle Vacatures in Inkoop in Nederland !
Partner websites: Procurementnetwerk.nl Procurementnieuws.nl Procurementopleidingen.nl Procurementadvies.nl
Zoek een Baan
Kies uw Regio
Organisation: Abbott Laboratories
Position: Transportation Specialist
Location: The Netherlands
Abbott has a special mission: Improve people's lives. All over the world, millions of people trust in our medicines, medical
devices and treatment methodologies. And we work constantly on improvement and renewal. Every single person of our
70.000 employees contributes to this, everyone from his or her expertise. In the Netherlands over 2000 people are working,
spread over 10 different sites, in manufacturing, research and development, supply chain, marketing and sales.
To continue our ongoing mission Abbott Logistics Breda is looking for a
The Transportation Specialist provides innovative transportation solutions within the Shipment to Cash team and other
departments in Abbott Logistics. With a specific background/expertise on ocean transportation, the Transportation Specialist
is the major contact for global ocean partners: purchasing/procurement analyses, carrier selection, performance monitoring
and reviewing are the main focus areas. As transportation team, our goal is to achieve a leading and cost/effective world
class supply chain for Abbott.
Tasks & Responsibilties
- Develop, analyze & report on defined KPI's, to improve customer service, assure compliance, increase efficiency and
reduce distribution cost.
- Coordinates input to the decision making process; considers social, economic and environmental effects of proposed
projects; assists in developing national, European, and global transportation plans and programs.
- Performs a structured approach to, and leads quarterly and monthly meetings with TSP's, and makes sure a timely
and correct follow up by the ALOG teams.
- Delivers outstanding, innovative and cost saving transportation solutions that meet business needs.
- Maintaining Approved Supplier List and follows up on all related tasks. Participates in quality-related audits. Performs
technical reviews of operational functions in assigned areas in accordance with established audit program guidelines
and standards; evaluates basic decisions, advanced computations, documents, records and methods for accuracy,
effectiveness and compliance.
- Performs RFI, RFQ & RFP processes, according to Abbott policies and procedures. Responsible for tariff agreements
administration and checks according to Abbott policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update existing contracts & agreements with service providers.
- Maintain and support development of the Transportation Management System, supporting improved transportation
planning execution and efficiency, freight cost accruing and visibility, performance visibility and measurement.
- Identify, initiate and lead ALOG projects with regards to supply chain improvements.
- Establish and maintain partnership relations and agreements with logistic service providers, ALOG departments,
Abbott plant-, site- and country organizations.
- Collect and follow up on market intelligence on present and future service providers, global and regional transportation
solutions and developments. Represent Abbott Logistics in the appropriate transportation network organizations,
where applicable and in support to Abbott.
- Performs audits on the effectiveness of research programs, the adequacy of right-of-way plans, the support of planning
decisions by appropriate data, the reliance of materials testing and reporting procedures, the reliability of surveys and
related electronic data processing applications.
Background & Competencies:
- Has knowledge of transportation (multimodal), distribution and warehousing, international transportation regulations,
GDP guidelines and business management principles and techniques.
- Able to interpret and analyze transportation data like KPIs, exercise judgment in analyzing situations and determining
sound courses of action; to organize and conduct several activities.
- Able to communicate and express ideas effectively, both verbal and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with internal and external supply chain customers and suppliers.
- Able to deliver innovative transportation concepts to the business.
- Able to recognize and take ownership in identifying and executing improvements to improve customer service,
assure compliance, increase efficiency and reduce distribution cost.
- Has negotiation and conflict resolution skills required to ensure timely and effective solutions to distribution,
documentation and transportation issues with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Is a teamplayer by showing objectivity and openness to other's view, offering assistance and support to co-workers
and contributing to building a positive team spirit
- Able to present information accurately and completely, keeps commitments to colleagues and customers and
works with integrity and ethically behavior.
- A Bachelor Degree required in Economics, Logistics Management or (International) Business Administration.
- + 5 years of experience in a transportation-oriented position, preferably in a logistics and/or international environment.
- Has proven transportation experience in areas as research, planning, design, surveys.
- Has proven project experience as a (project)leader, providing direction to other specialists if needed.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume on our application form, The req number of this vacancy is 13000004R5.
Please reply before May 24th 2013.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated